Orthodontic Treatments Calgary
Orthodontic care involves more than just turning crooked teeth into straight smiles. In addition to teeth correction, our Calgary Orthodontist, Dr. Trpkova is experienced in bite correction, impacted canine detection, Dentofacial Orthopedics, TMJ treatment, braces treatment, and more.
Impacted Canines refer to canines, strong and stable teeth, that are blocked or stuck beneath the gum line, failing to naturally erupt into their correct position.
Commonly occurring in canine teeth and wisdom teeth, this condition can be effectively managed with a simple surgical procedure, followed by orthodontic treatment to guide the tooth to its correct position.
The Canadian Association of Orthodontists advises an orthodontic examination for children by the age of seven to detect potential impactions and schedule early treatment where possible.
Schedule a free consultation to learn more about complete treatment options for impacted canines. Our experienced orthodontist in Calgary will develop a treatment plan to ensure a healthy smile in no time.
TMJ or Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD) relates to conditions impacting the jaw joints, with symptoms ranging from jaw and facial pain, clicking or cracking in the jaw joints, and limited range of movement, to headaches and neck or shoulder pain. If untreated, it can lead to severe pain, making professional evaluation and treatment crucial.
At Inline Orthodontics, Dr. Trpkova specializes in diagnosing and managing TMJ disorders, helping alleviate symptoms and improve your condition. Treatments vary based on your specific needs and may include night guards, orthodontic treatment, Botox, physical therapy, medications, or relaxation therapy.
Dentofacial Orthopedics is a specialty in the broader field of orthodontics, focusing on the corrective guidance of facial growth and development in addition to tooth movement. This unique discipline is one of the nine specialties recognized by the Canadian Dental Association, requiring additional years of training beyond dental school.
Dr. Biljana Trpkova is proficient in both orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics, enabling her to diagnose and address misalignments in the teeth, jaw, and overall facial structure.
Dr. Trpkova’s skill in these areas allows her to develop comprehensive treatment plans that seamlessly integrate both orthodontic and dentofacial orthopedic treatments.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is a specialized field that combines orthodontics with surgical procedures to achieve the desired results in complex cases.
At InLine Orthodontics, we have a strong referral relationship with oral and maxillofacial surgeons, who are extensively trained in internal medicine, general surgery, anesthesiology, and other specialist areas. Their expertise lies in diagnosing and treating functional and aesthetic conditions related to the face, mouth, and jaws.
Key services offered by oral and maxillofacial surgeons include:
- Corrective Jaw Surgery: This procedure involves repositioning the upper jaw, lower jaw, and chin to correct skeletal and dental irregularities, improving chewing, speaking, and breathing.
- Exposure of Impacted Teeth: When a tooth fails to erupt, it’s considered impacted. Oral surgeons assist in uncovering these teeth so they can be correctly positioned.
- Wisdom Teeth Removal: If wisdom teeth become impacted and cause issues like decay or infection, they may need to be removed.
- Facial Trauma: Maxillofacial surgeons are vital in treating serious facial injuries, including fractures that can affect sight and the ability to breathe, speak, and swallow.
- Temporomandibular Joint Surgery: If non-surgical treatments for temporomandibular disorder (TMD) are unsuccessful or there’s clear joint damage, surgery may be indicated.
- Outpatient Anesthesia: Oral and maxillofacial surgeons provide safe, effective outpatient anesthesia for various procedures.
For a more detailed understanding of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and how it can benefit your orthodontic treatment, contact our Calgary Orthodontist, Dr. Biljana Trpkova